Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Thoughts for today

Faith
"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for; the conviction of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1


I read this verse today when I got to work. I thought about it this morning. Faith is something that is hard for me and countless other Christians. I know that I have faith in somethings. For instance, gravity is something that I have faith in. I have faith that when I sit down in my chair, it's going to hold me up. If I sat down and it didn't, I would lose my faith in gravity.

Right now, I am having a lonely day. Before I say this let me preface that I LOVE Eldo. I miss my life in Tyler. I miss MY old job (not Darrell's, this one is a MUCH better fit for us). I miss my home. I miss my friends. I miss my life there. I miss going out to the chinese place with my coworker. I miss going to the Mall or running over to Michael's to buy something I forgot. Because Eldo is so small, I can't do those things anymore.

Moving to a new city requires faith. It requires me getting up each morning in a small town, in a house that still does not really feel like mine and going to a job that I really am no satsfied at with the assurance that I must trust God. Faith requires committment. Good thing I am committed!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sending you hugs and praying for you, Renee! I am sure that moving to a new place is hard. You are right....it takes faith that God will provide all the things you need and possibly some things that you want. Praying that God will provide for you exceedingly and abundantly above anything you could think or ask. I love you, sweet Renee!

Gioietta said...

I am dealing with similar feelings just like you having moved in a smaller town end of last year. I feel sort of lonely here and find myself not satisfied with things and battling with discontentment, missing my last home and seeing it now as just better. Thanks for showing me how faith comes to play in this aspect of my now everyday life too!