Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What a Bittersweet time....

Aimee will be 6 in a few weeks. I approach this day with excitement and sadness. It's so amazing to see the baby that I carried in my womb for 9 months, become such a grown up little girl...or should I say "big girl". She is just the delight of my life. I look at this child and I can't imagine loving someone as much as I love her. Do I get annoyed with her at times? YES. But then at night, when I tuck her in I get "one more kiss mommy", "one more hug mommy", "I love you the mostest mommy". There were days that I thought that I would never be called a mommy and now, I get to hear it every day.

We are having her 6th bday party this weekend. Our house is going to be crammed with family so we decided to have an extended family birthday party at the church after her "friends" birthday party. She wants for dinner.....KFC! We NEVER eat fried chicken but she wants chicken and macaroni and cheese. Oh, and more cake.

She wants a bike for her birthday. I am not 100% sure where she is going to ride it but she wants one. She outgrew her other one so we probably will get her one. Man, a party and a bike is expensive. She's worth it though.

Family wise, things are going well for Darrell and I. We are working on a good working family schedule where we can work out on opposite days or only have to cook on the days that we don't work out. There just don't seem to be enough days in the week. I am OK though with him helping out with cooking.

Umpiring is about to start so he will be at the ball park during the weekends. Guess I will have to run the road to Shreveport! Carol, I am coming to see Lexie all the time. Aimee is playing tee ball with her friends Lexi. I work with Lexi's mother (DeAnna) and so the girls have gotten to be good friends as DeAnna and I have gotten to be friends. I am thankful for DeAnna. She is just someone who is just like me and gets along with my family so well. Helps to have a "non-ministry" friend that I can talk to.

Anyway, not much else to say. I will have birthday party pictures later on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet... Let me clarify though... while I am a "non-ministry friend", I do love & serve God! I'm just not officially in the ministry! I knew whatcha meant Renee... Yes, we are alike in so many ways. I am glad God brought you into my life, too. I think He knew we needed each other! Looking forward to the party Saturday. And so is Lexi!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I (DeAnna) left the last comment and this one, too under anonymous because I don't have time to fill out all the "identity" info it asks for before posting a comment! Lazy, I know! Or just in a hurry...

Unknown said...

That is so fine, it does take a while to enter it.

And, I am glad that you love and serve God. I think that this is why we are such good friends. I am so very thankful that God gave you to me as a friend.