Friday, February 23, 2007

The Gym membership


Well, when we moved to El Dorado, we had to leave our old decrepit gym (that we really didn't like but were getting a dirt rate fee). I actually said that El Dorado (which will now be called Eldo in future blogs), being small and in Arkansas probally would not have a good gym.
Au contrair (is that how you spell it? I took French for 3 years and I still can't spell it but I can't spell in English actually), they had a NICE gym with an indoor pool and all the nice things that I like to spend money on if I actually HAVE to go to the gym.



They also have a.....................spin class. Now, about 2 weeks ago, I would have put that in all capital letters but I have decided something. I don't like spin. I mean, what sane person rides a bike up and down fake hills going no where when you could just get in a car and go on vacation. Nonetheless, I decided to give into my natural inclination to run....or not, and stick it out. Today though I left in the middle of the class. Tuesday was the 70's music (which I didn't like), Wednesday was more of the type of music that I liked including Will Smith, Nelly, etc.... Today was COUNTRY.....What kinda workout are you going to get on country music???? So, I pedaled no where for about 15 minutes and then went to run on the treadmill where I could listen to the Black Eyed Peas.

The old guy on the treadmill didnt' want to hear me humming "Let's get it started" and left. I guess I should have just stayed in the spin class rather than tryring to impress older members of the gym with my singing ability.