Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The sneaky one

We put Aimee to bed last night about 7:40 ish. She didn't get a nap at school and appeared to be tired. She went to bed without any arguments so we figured she would go to sleep quickly.

When we went to bed last night after Law and Order:SVU I opened her door as I go turn her night light off and give her one last kiss. She looked at me wide eyed with this look of shock on her face. I wasn't sure what was going on but then I saw it! She was playing with the Vtech pocket in her bed and had hid it under the sheet.

I had to turn away because I was so shocked and I didn't want her to see me smiling. She knew that she was not supposed to have that and so in order to not have it, she tried to hide it.

Made me think a lot about when I try to hide things from my heavenly father. You know, He always catches me too.

The joys of being a parent....I sure do love that child (although the Vsmile is not going to be left in her room at bedtime!)

No comments: