Thursday, February 15, 2007

I got a job today! That is impressive here in El Dorado because there are NO jobs (other than nursing or working for the oil companies). I am going to be working as a sexual assult educator. Basically, I get to go to the school and talk about domestic violence and sexual abuse along with teaching teenagers about healthy relationships. Since I eventually want to be a family and marriage counselor, this should really help give me some experience in this area.


I am really glad I went into social work as I am able to do so many different things with my degree. I have worked with infants, elderly, foster children and now families. So, I guess it's time to contact some schools to see about starting my master's. FUN!!!!!

(Now, I didn't expect to get a call at 7:00 on Thursday and be working at 7:00 on Friday. I'm just tired thinking about getting back to a normal work day.)