Friday, February 9, 2007

What youth ministry is about....

Last night someone IM'ed me when I was on yahoo. It was someone that I had added a while ago but never talked to. We started chatting only to realize that both of us thought we were talking to an entirely different person. We started trying to find out who each other were and it turns out it was one of our students from Broken Bow. Darrell and I had just been talking about her the other day and wondering what was going on. We had such a great chat.

Then today, we went to the High School to see one of our Juniors who made Homecoming court. She asked us about 3 weeks ago to share in this special day with her. The minute she saw us, she stopped what she was doing, ran over to us and gave me a hug. She thanked us for coming and asked my opinion on her dress (which was beautiful).

You know, these 2 seperate events gave me a new refreshed spirit for ministry. We missed that in our last place and it's neat to have God reconfirm that we are doing what HE wants us to do. It reconfirms that no matter how hard it was to move, that we definately need to be here right where we are.

Deep thoughts for a Friday night while Darrell is hanging out with the students at a soccer game!

No comments: