Monday, September 10, 2007

The man you have been waiting for.....

There is a song called "When the Wind Blows" by Point of Grace. I love this band even though they are a 90's band.

Anyway, it's talking about when Jesus comes back. They have a line that says "this man that you have dreamed about is right before your eyes". How amazing.

It's awe-inspiring to think that every single one of us, Christians or not, are going to stand before the our Heavenly Father. Do we think about that every single day? Do we think of that every single minute? Do we reflect Jesus in the people that we see daily?

I know that I don't always do that. I get grouchy. I put myself first. I do what I want to do. I fall short of what Jesus would want me to do or the way that he would want me to act, daily. I fall almost every minutes I suppose because I am human and I sin. I put myself first more that I put non-christians.

Then I hear this song and it reminds me that really, "I" don't matter in the long run. What matters is that I make God proud of me. That I show his love and devotion to others daily. That I finish last because when I finish last in the world's view, I will finish first in HIS view.

So today I am going to rest in what I have to do...........and long for the day when I get to stand in front of my Jesus......

No comments: