Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Soccer Game

We have had this blog for a couple of years now and up until tonight, Renee has done all the posting. However, I just had to write a post tonight. Tonight was Aimee's first soccer game. If you know me at all you know that I LOVE sports so any kind of sports event and I am there. Now we did t-ball in the spring, but there they don't even keep score, everyone bats and if you are out, well you get to stay one base anyway! Way too much for the ole umpire (me) to handle.

Tonight however, we finally got down and dirty with the Aimsters first competition sport. Let me start by saying, Aimee's team won 6-4! Now to make the victory even more sweet, my daughter, which I am convinced you will see on ESPN playing in the 2019 Women's World Cup Soccer Championship, played most of the second, third, and fourth quarters at goalie and only allowed one (1), yes I said one goal, and that one wasn't her fault cause her coach was distracting her.

As I sat there in my chair in a bag, I found my heart pounding every time the other team even crossed mid field with the ball. My mind was racing with thoughts of don't let them score, not so much because I wanted Aimee's team to win, but more so because I didn't want to see my little girl fail. As I sat there I found myself wondering, is this how our Heavenly Father is with us? Is He, like I was, constantly cheering us on, sometimes, wishing He could spring from His seat and dart on to the field to help save us from one ounce of pain? I am thankful that I serve a God who cares for me. A God who gives me free will to choose, who cheers me on when I find success, and is there to comfort me when I fail. Aren't you!

One final thought, when I was tucking Aimee in tonight I told her how proud of her I was for listening to her coaches and playing a good game. Her response, Well if you like I could give you my autograph! You all might want to get in line, that 2019 Women's World Cup will be here before you know it!

No comments: