Monday, November 19, 2007

Now this is what I am married for!

Well, not truly but it does help.

Ok, I am in here and was just starting to get some work done. I hear this commotion going on. We have 18 wheelers just rush through the main street all the time so I wasn't concerned. I look out the window and I see this little Ford Ranger truck coming back into my yard. I went outside and this flat bed trailer type thing in our side yard with all these hard rusted metal rods sticking out of the brick foundation of our house and close to where D parks.

I am totally in shock now. I have NO idea what to do and D is not here. So, I call him and tell him to come home. See, I am a woman who knows how to handle these type things.....Call MY husband. He asks me if it hit the gas and I said that I thought it might but I was not sure. After he tells me to get out of the house, he tells me to call 911 and ask the fire dept to come out.
By the time he got here we had 3 police officers, the electrical company and the fire chief and fire truck (complete with firemen in their getup). By the time it was all over you can add the electrician and the foundation person.

My D came and took care of all the house stuff so I didn't have to. What a sweet man!
Now, we (or rather the church's insurance) have to get this house fixed. I am thankful no one was hurt. And it looks like I get to get some new lighting for my yard since the pipe busted the other one out.

No comments: