Monday, August 13, 2007

Our fun weekend...

I haven't updated because we don't have a laptop at home anymore. Darrell was paying a bill a week or so ago and the "h" key fell off. We had to ship the thing off for repair and it won't be back until Wednesday.

I was out of town on Wednesday - Friday for a conference in Hot Springs. Boy, was it HOT! (Pun intended). The conference was good on Wednesday but I had a migrane from getting car sick. My friend from work, DeAnna drove and she took good care of me. We went to Outback with her family and a coworker that night and then the mall. It's so nice to go to a mall and shop. I hit Bath and Body Works and got some stuff for the house and a tote bag. It's so nice and PINK!!!!

Thursday was a LONG day at the conference but then DeAnna and I hit Magic Springs and that was a blast. It was not crowded at all and we did the water slides and lazy river before hitting the amusement park. I actually rode the rum runner which is basically the pirate ship. It made me sick when I rode it about 8 years ago and since my carsickness has gotten worse as I age, I haven't been on it since. We did it though and it was ok, I didn't get sick. We also rode some scary rollercoaster that I can't believe I actually got on. Have I ever said how scared rollercoaster's make me? I still get on them though.

Darrell and Aimee picked me up on Friday and we ate lunch with DeAnna and Lexi (her daughter). Aimee and Lexi had fun at the aquarium and walking in the old restored bath house and then we hit the Traveler's game in Little Rock. Can I say that this was the WORSE idea ever???? It was about 104 degrees with NO breeze! We didnt' last that long.

Saturday, my goal was to stay at home all day and I made it! I didn't get out of the house other than to go to the church and get the hamburger meat to cook for the lunch on Sunday. Techinally I live on church property so I never left my house and it was GREAT! Goal Accomplished!!!!

Have a good one and I will post pictures when I get my computer back!!!

No comments: