Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Some news

Some of this will be old new to some of you but some of you will not know this.
I have finally decided to come out of the closet about something that women do NOT want to talk about. Are you ready????


I have lost 40 pounds! I am really excited about this. I actually hit the 40 pound mark about a month ago but I am just now posting about it. I actually have at least another 20 pounds to go but right now, I am just trying to get there day by day.

I have a good friend, Erin, who challenges me and loses weight with me. She lives in North Carolina so all of our challenges have been online and/or Yahoo Messenger. We give each other prizes when we meet our mini goals and so she supports my journal and frilly shopping habit!

It's neat to see how things have changed in my life since I have lost weight. People actually notice me now or I am more aware of people noticing me. I guess for so long I have put the "I am not pretty enough" tag on, that it's hard to get out of it if you know what I mean. It's amazing to see people who haven't seen me in years and remark on my weight loss. With me being so short, it's very noticable but for me, I don't really notice it and I guess that is because I see myself every day.

Now, don't ask me what I weigh because I will NOT post it. I will also not show pictures of what I used to look like 40 pounds ago until I have lost all the weight that I need to lose. If you do want to send me gift cards to support my journal habit though, I WILL give you my address....

1 comment:

Thelma said...

I want your addy! I support all sorts of peoples' habits!
PM me!
BTW - WAY TO GO with the weight loss! You are doing awesome!