Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Something every parents does.....

I had to do something that every parent has to do when their child is around 5 or 6 years old. We had to take Aimee to meet her Kindergarten teacher last night. It was so hard for momma. Aimee's teacher has been teaching for 24 years and is a well seasoned teacher. I guess that is going to be a good thing.

We bought a shirt and I joined the PTA! Definately a K thing because I am not sure how involved PTA is but I will be involved.

I am so nervous....Aimee appears to be fine about this but I am not sure I am ready to let my baby go. I have to drop her off and leave her all day. That is scary to me. I do it now but we are the ones that is able to control what daycare she attends and if in the past, it was not a good fit, we could look for another one. Now, we can't do that.

I know it's not a big deal for a child to start school but for me, as Aimee's mom, it IS a big deal. What if she gets scared or can't open her milk? What if she doesn't make any friends? What about all those unknowns? This is one of those times where it is hard to trust God. I am going to trust in Him though because I know Heloves this little girl even more that I possibly can (although that's hard to grasp because I love that baby like none other). I am just going to rest in Him and constantly remind myself that he will take care of her.

I know though that I am going to be crying all day on Monday. I actually told them I would be in later because I want some time to grieve for my baby when I have to drop her off. I will pick her up later on that day as a big girl.

1 comment:

Thelma said...

Tag! You're it! Check out my blog. I blame Amy for this!
Love,
Thelma